This guide gives practical advice and guidance, to anyone who wants an overview of why, how and when you might organise and run a focus group to support your work. The guide:
- explains what focus groups are, their purpose, and why and when to use them
- outlines the key elements needed to prepare effective focus groups
- describes how to plan a focus group
- outlines selecting participants and securing participation; including ways to support hard to reach participants
- explains delivering a focus group – from beginning to end.